Guardian Edge Ltd
As an employer, we recognise that in the UK, people experiencing mental ill-health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work. Having signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental health‘, we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental well-being of all staff.
As an employer, we have made an ongoing commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with mental health conditions.
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010)
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment
Signed by: John Moore – Director